Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cat Depression

Persian Cat




Have you experienced a loss in the family, another pet or human? Maybe you recently had a big change in your work schedule or have moved to a new home? These are just a few things that can bring on a state of depression in your cat. It may seem silly to think of cats having such strong emotional reactions to these situations but it's very possible.

Maybe your cat has a big decrease in appetite or has become lethargic and has lost all interest in things they usually love to do. This can be a sign that your cat is depressed. Sometimes they will seclude themselves and sleep all day in spots they wouldn't normally nap in. Acting out and being destructive is also another sign of something going on with your cat. If you notice odd behavior such as this, you should make sure to give your cat extra love and attention. Play with them and interact with them more than normal, they will need this sort of attention if they are depressed. If this doesn't work, taking them into the vet is necessary.  You don't want it to go on untreated, it can make them physically ill.

If you know that you and your pets will be going through some kind of change that they will have to adapt to, it's good to try and prepare them the best you can. They are part of your family so they need to be treated that way.

4 comments:

  1. This cat is awesome! I like big giant persian kittens like this one. They are so much more fun to play with and have around the house. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always breaks my heart to think of innocent kittens going through a sadness like that. I try to do anything I can to keep my pets healthy and happy. I just hate to see something so delicate and loveable losing its usual joy and playfulness. I have two persian kittens who are very close to me. If anything were to happen to them it would be very difficult for me. Thanks for writing this article.
    www.boutiquekittens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear my brother or sister, your post its important for me, thank for all knowledge about persian cat.

    it my site www.sukapura-cats.com

    ReplyDelete